Thursday, May 10, 2012

Playing in the dirt! :)

  I couldn't  wait till spring came,  so I could start getting things ready for my garden. Thanks to my grandma, I can have a big garden with lots of great veggies in it! She lets me use her yard.  So far this year, I have pea pods,beans, carrots, zucchini, squash, egg plant, two different kinds of tomato's, lettuce, cucumber. 


  this year we are trying to grow watermelon, and pumpkin! I can't wait to see these start growing! 

  The pea pods,and beans, and radishes have started to sprout. I'm so excited every year to watch everything grow. I could do without the snakes, and the weeding,but hey, what can you do. lol 


  I remember this one summer, grandmas yard was over run with squash! Her whole back yard was just filled with it. It still makes me laugh when I think about it!
  
  I'm thinking about trying my hand at canning this year. I really never tried it before, mostly just like to freeze things. I just love my two giant freezers my hubby got for me. 
  I also wanna try making jelly too. I can remember my mom every summer making jelly or trying to. She always seemed to manage to catch the kitchen curtains on fire. Never fails, every summer! Awww! great memories. I think she just wanted new curtains, and this was her excuse. lol


  Well.... I don't have any pictures of my veggie garden,but here are some of my flowers that I have growing in my yard. Don't mind the weeds. 



   Have a beautiful day! 







   

No comments:

Post a Comment